Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
If you’re looking for a job, a master’s degree in marketing isn’t just going to get you to the front of the line. It can also give you an advantage over other candidates. Many people ask: what job after a master’s degree in marketing? Marketing is a useful field for any industry. The following tips will help you find a great job after you graduate with your master’s degree and prepare you for success as a marketer.
What jobs are accessible to people with a Master’s degree in marketing?
After earning your master’s degree in marketing, there are a number of jobs available to you. These items include:
- marketing manager : develops the commercial strategy of a company according to the products it offers and the objectives set;
- marketing director: responsible for the general direction and strategy of the marketing department of a company;
- Marketing Analyst : analyzes consumer behavior data to provide the company with recommendations on how best to market products or services;
- Marketing Coordinator: manages all operational aspects of marketing activities from planning to implementation.
What are the sectors in which people with a Master’s degree in marketing can work?
Having trained to have a master’s degree in marketing, you will have a solid understanding of how this field works. You will be able to apply this knowledge to any industry requiring marketing skills. Here are some examples:
- Advertising and public relations professionals;
- retailers and consumer goods companies;
- Financial services companies such as banks or insurance companies;
- Health care providers such as hospitals, doctors’ offices, clinics ;
- Technology companies such as software developers who work with mobile devices like smartphones or tablets;
- Government agencies that depend on effective communication strategies to solve problems effectively;
- Non-governmental agencies in the analysis of target audience behavior.
What skills and knowledge do Master’s in Marketing graduates need to be competitive in the job market?
Working in marketing is not just about knowing how to sell. Indeed, students in a master’s degree in marketing will learn throughout their training that becoming a marketing professional requires other skills:
- knowledge of marketing theory and practice;
- research skills;
- communication skills;
- Analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate data collected through surveys, focus groups, interviews and other means;
- Problem-solving skills (ability to identify problems in a given situation, to analyze them critically and to propose solutions).
What are the advantages for employers to hire people with a Master’s degree in marketing?
If you have a master’s degree in marketing, you have a good chance of being hired by a company looking for employees with the necessary skills and knowledge. By graduating from a reputable school like ESCE , you increase your job opportunities. Employers will have more confidence in a learner with a higher education because it gives them the assurance that they are hiring a marketer with a solid education and prior business experience.
Employers are looking for marketing professionals with targeted knowledge and skills, the most sought-after of which are addressed in specialized schools. These include:
- mastery of data analysis tools;
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written);
- an education and, ideally, experience in commerce;
- the use of classic DTP (Desktop Publishing) tools, such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
What are the challenges that graduates with a Master’s degree in marketing may face in the job market?
Job opportunities for graduates with a master’s degree in marketing are plentiful, especially if they have some experience in digital marketing.
If you have a master’s degree in marketing, there are many job opportunities available to you. Digital marketing is a rapidly growing field. Many companies hire digital marketing graduates to fill positions that require strong analytical skills and an understanding of technology. However, early in their career, students may face the following challenges:
- you may have to work in a small business;
- you may not get the job you want;
- if you don’t know what type of marketing job is right for you, it’s possible that very few companies will hire a master’s graduate who has no experience or training in this field.
The job market for people with a master’s degree in marketing is strong. With many companies offering internship opportunities, there’s no reason why someone with a master’s degree in marketing can’t find work right away. It’s all about finding the right company and showing them what you can do.Updated 24 April 2023