Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Export is one of the most chosen sectors at the moment. It contributes to the economic development of a country and allows a company to expand its field of activity. Today, there are several ways to grow in this field, starting with choosing the right job. To learn more, please read on.
Why choose to work in international export?
The international trade is a vast field. Nowadays, different countries in the world export their goods to other nations and import goods from abroad. Since this is a totally complex process, the careers are divided to ensure that everything goes smoothly. You can choose between the import and export fields.
Working in international export can be very advantageous for you. This allows you to take advantage of many rewarding and exciting opportunities. In addition, this field allows you to work with international companies, especially those that produce and sell branded products. Then, if you like to travel, you’ll appreciate a job in international export.
What professions allow you to work in international export?
Theinternational export industry has been evolving gradually. This is why there are more and more jobs in organizations and companies . Indeed, to work in international export, you can choose between a series of professions, such as :
- administrative assistant export ;
- assistant area manager – export ;
- international transport logistics assistant ;
- administrative export manager ;
- export sales manager ;
- business manager – export ;
- product manager, international markets ;
- international business consultant ;
- export sales manager ;
- international marketing manager ;
- international business engineer ;
- junior international trade manager ;
- international sales manager ;
- international trade negotiator ;
- export manager ;
- logistics manager ;
- export area manager ;
- export technician.
Is it necessary to master incoterms to work in international export?
In 1936, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published a set of international rules to answer the question: “When are risks and costs borne by the buyer? This one is called INCOTERMS (International Commercial Terms). These incoterms define the obligations between the seller and the buyer in a contract.
Of course, if you are considering a job in international export, it is essential to know the different incoterms. It should be noted that since 1936, the latter have undergone some amendments. The goal is to always adapt them to the latest international business practices. You must therefore master them every time there is an update. Today, the different types of incoterms are: FCA, EXW, DDP, DPU, DAP, CPT, and CIP.
Does ESCE allow its students to train in export and international trade?
ESCE (École Supérieure du Commerce Extérieur) is an international business school founded in 1968. Based in Paris, this school is specialized in international jobs, and offers training in export and international trade. If you want to train in export and international business at ESCE, you can go for the Grande Ecole program. Thus, you can choose between the different specializations:
- Export Management;
- supply Chain;
- Business Engineering;
- Marketing and Sales strategy for the mass market.
Which international markets or geographical areas can export professionals choose?
The choice of international markets should not be made in a haphazard way if you want to practice exporting. It starts with good documentation and real analysis. This will give you every chance of profitability and success.
You are probably wondering which geographical areas to choose for your international business. As long as the importing country allows it, you can export your products or services there. However, it is always better to start by conquering markets that are much closer to you, culturally, geographically and linguistically.
If your company’s head office is in France, you can prospect the markets of Switzerland, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Italy, Austria, the Netherlands or the United Kingdom. Over time, you can conquer one market after another.
What assistance can a company receive to export its goods or services abroad?
You should know that the public sector offersassistance to entrepreneurs who want to develop their activities by going into the export business. There are:
- export aid under the Recovery Plan;
- International prospecting insurance by Bpifrance;
- the loan from the Treasury which can range from 10 to 70 million ;
- the Croissance International loan from Bpifrance, which ranges from 30,000 euros to 5 million euros;
- loans and proparco tools, by AFD (Agence française de développement) and the financial institution Proparco;
- the FASEP green innovation fund, which is a grant of 100,000 to 800,000 euros from the Treasury’s general management;
- the FASEP fund for studies and assistance to the private sector by the Treasury Department, which ranges from 100,000 to 800,000 euros.