Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
For people who want to work in the world of finance, a degree in finance, especially a Master’s degree is almost essential. This is especially true for those who wish to enter the accounting, banking, insurance and other financial sectors. Note that today, with a master’s degree in finance, you can apply for several types of positions.
What job can I do with a Master’s degree in finance?
Following a Master’s degree in Finance, the professional opportunities are very varied. This program allows you to work in non-profit organizations, international organizations and financial institutions, among others. Here are some examples of positions you can expect after your Bac+5 in finance:
- credit analyst ;
- financial analyst Investment banker;
- investment analyst ;
- accounting and financial assistant ;
- accounting firm ;
- development officer ;
- marketing researcher ;
- associate accountant ;
- bank advisor ;
- customer advisor ;
- management control ;
- strategy consultant ;
- consultant in Information System ;
- insurance broker ;
- Administrative and Financial Director;
- Asset and liability manager ;
- wealth manager ;
- risk manager ;
- financial services representative ;
- sales trader.
What are the possible sectors of activity after a Master’s degree in finance?
Finance has many positions, all of which are looking for young recruits. Whether you want to work in the front, middle or back office, you will always find the right place for you. The important thing to remember is that the field of finance is not just about financial institutions. Nowadays, almost every company has a finance department. After your Master’s degree in Finance, you can expect to work in different sectors such as :
- extractive industry;
- manufacturing industry;
- real estate ;
- transportation and storage;
- information and communication ;
- public administration;
- health ;
- catering and accommodation ;
- administrative and support services ;
- art and entertainment;
- energy, gas and waste ;
- computer science.
What jobs should you choose to start your career after obtaining your Master’s degree in in Finance?
Entry-level positions are those that require little work experience. They serve as a pathway to bigger jobs. They are often dedicated to young professionals who have previous experience such as an internship. In finance, entry-level jobs offer essential experience. After obtaining your Master’s degree in Finance, you may well opt for one of the entry-level professions. These include:
- insurance sales agent ;
- budget analyst ;
- commercial real estate analyst ;
- associate financial analyst ;
- investment reporting analyst ;
- private wealth partner ;
- internal auditor ;
- financial market information and data analysis associate ;
- financial clerk ;
- information clerk ;
- government accountant ;
- disaster risk management cooperative;
- administrative coordination of the portfolio ;
- underwriting account representative ;
- specialist in computer assistance ;
- financial service technician.
What are the essential qualities to succeed in the finance industry once you have your Masters?
Once you have completed your Master’s degree in Finance , you will need to look for a job. If you want to succeed in the position you find, you must have a number of qualities:
- To succeed in the finance industry, you must essentially have a passion for numbers. No matter which branch you choose, you will always be confronted with data;
- Since managing numbers always goes hand in hand with computers, you must also be computer literate and comfortable with the various tools used;
- It is important that you are organized and rigorous in order to avoid making mistakes in the execution of the various tasks;
- To think that the field of finance is only linked to numbers would nevertheless be reductive. As this is a division that requires contact with different departments, you must have good interpersonal skills;
- Even though numbers are the most manipulated in this sector, it is also important to multitask. You must therefore be versatile;
- you must be able to adapt to all situations that come your way.