Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
The work-study program is a choice that allows you to acquire enriching professional experience. It is a new training pathway oriented towards the success of the professional project. It appeals to a wide range of audiences because of the various benefits it offers.
H2: What are the advantages of work-study programs?
The work-study program offers several advantages.
- It allows you to put into practice your theoretical skills with the help of professionals specialized in the chosen field;
- It is a training course intended for all types of students following any type of training: DUT, licence, bachelor, master.
- Being in a work-study program allows students to meet other people and to get out of the student routine.
- Being in a work-study program also means benefiting from the advantages of employee status. You can continue your apprenticeship, while being paid.
- Since the training allows for immersion in the world of work, it helps students to develop their skills.
- Finally, it is an economic choice, since the training is entirely paid for by the host company.
How to combine theory and practice through work-study programs?
The work-study program is based on a theoretical and practical side that alternates. This means that it combines theoretical training with work in a company. This training system includes two types of contracts: an apprenticeship contract and a professionalization contract.
- The apprenticeship contract is combined with initial training. It allows students to acquire a state diploma (CAP, Baccalauréat, BTS, Licence, Master) or a professional title registered in the RNCP;
- The professionalization contract is combined with continuing education. It allows you to obtain recognized professional qualifications (CQP, RNCP, classifications of a national collective agreement).
How can I finance my higher education through work-study programs?
As awork-study student, your training will be divided into two parts: the time you spend at your training center and the time you spend at the company where you do your work-study. As far as the financing of your training is concerned, it will be up to your host company to take care of it. It will then go through a Skills Operator or OPCO.
Work-study training is a choice that allows you to be financed, while earning a salary. In this way, you can take your first steps towards working life, while studying without paying any fees. This is a real chance to go further.
Why does work-study facilitate the professional integration of students?
A work-study student is very different from a student who has completed an initial training program. He or she is bound to have more concrete work experience. He has sharper skills and his responsibilities are more accentuated with the reality of the working world. With a work-study program on your resume, it is much easier to find a job.
Employers consider a candidate who has opted for this training to be much more experienced, since he or she is already familiar with the business world. In addition, a work-study student is more likely to sign a permanent contract with the company that hosted him/her during the work-study period. And even if this is not the case, the student can always establish a relationship with former employees and thus enrich his or her professional network.
How does the work-study program allow for the acquisition of useful skills and practical knowledge?
The work-study program is the best alternative if you want to study and gain professional skills at the same time. It is a formula that allows you to immerse yourself in the working world. Even though you are in college or at your training center, you spend a lot more time at the company.
In addition, as a learner, the host company appoints a person to accompany you throughout your work-study program. If it is an apprenticeship contract, this person will be your apprentice supervisor. If it is a professionalization contract, it will be your tutor. In both cases, the person will make sure to give you the necessary skills and knowledge. In addition, you have the chance to get hands-on training with professionals.
What are the financial advantages of work-study programs for students?
In addition to the skills and knowledge acquired during the work-study program, students also benefit from financial advantages.
- remuneration determined as a percentage of the SMIC and exempt from income tax;
- tuition waiver;
- the national apprentice card or the student trade card, which allows you to benefit from discounts and rates for transport and catering services, as well as sports and cultural activities;
- personalized housing assistance (APL);
- mobili-jeune aid for work-study students in private non-agricultural companies.