Contact us to learn more about our programs
Would you like to join us?
Alternation is a training system that combines a period of general, vocational or technological education with a period of work. It allows you to acquire a professional qualification or a diploma. Companies choose to recruit work-study students for various reasons.
Why do companies recruit work-study students?
There are many reasons why companies recruit work-study students :
- the first reason is financial. Indeed, these host companies wish to help and support work-study students in financing their training;
- then, for companies, allowing students to do their work-study program on their premises is a way to transmit professional skills. For them, these students are also an opportunity to develop managerial skills;
- In addition, for a company, having a student on its team is a way to benefit from new skills and to have a fresh look at the business. Besides, it’s a way to get closer to the apprentice’s training;
- the last reason is that the work-study program is an opportunity for the company to prepare its potential future recruits.
What advantages do companies have in recruiting work-study students?
In addition to gaining managerial skills, companies also gain other benefits from hiring work-study students:
- it is a way to facilitate the employer’s procedures. To register work-study contracts, the company simply uploads the documents required for recruitment, then proceeds to online registration;
- Recruiting a work-study student is a way for the company to train new employees who will be able to perfectly meet its needs. This is especially advantageous when there is an immediate need for recruitment;
- the company benefits froman exemption and a set of aids in return for the efforts it devotes to the training of the work-study student. For example, for apprenticeship contracts, the host company benefits from the apprenticeship tax credit, a total or partial exemption from social security charges for the contract and regional aid. For professionalization contracts, it benefits from a total exemption from employer contributions, a reduction in employer contributions on low and medium salaries as well as assistance in recruiting job seekers or candidates aged 26 and over.
How do companies manage to control salary costs by recruiting work-study students?
Thanks to the subsidies and tax exemptions granted to them, companies are able to control salary costs by recruiting work-study students. Indeed, for companies, work-study is a recruitment solution adapted to their budget. Contrary to the training of a classic employee which requires a great investment of time and money, the training of a student is a way to save money for each company.
In addition to the efforts devoted to the training of work-study students, the remuneration of students on work-study contracts is at the minimum level compared to that of an employee under ordinary law. For example, for an apprenticeship contract, the minimum level of remuneration for the student is 27 to 100% of the SMIC.
Why is the recruitment of work-study students by companies beneficial to students?
It is not only companies that can benefit from the recruitment of work-study students. The latter can also take advantage of the situation:
- It is a training that allows them to justify a first successful experience in a company. This is a huge point that they can bring to the forefront of their job search process;
- Being recruited by a company for a work-study program allows students to acquire more professional skills and to understand the codes of work in a company;
- the work-study experience is much more valued by companies than an internship. The fact is that it lasts longer and that the alternant is considered as a responsible person, but above all that he does not need to be trained for a long time. It is therefore quickly operational;
- The work-study program is considered an opportunity for the student to continue his or her studies, while not having to pay any fees. He is even paid to do his work-study, which allows him to earn a living even while still a student.